Sunday, September 26, 2010

My First Tea Party Event

This week I received a notice of a Tea Party event being held on Friday night, here in Wake Forest, NC. The location was to be only a block from my home at an old historic home now hired out for events. How could I not go? I walked down Friday evening for a chance to see what a Tea Party crowd was actually like, and to meet the congressional candidate, Bill Randall.

I must say I was impressed by the crowd and the candidate. Average age was probably about my age, early 60's. It seemed to me that there were as many younger than me, as there were older. I would estimate the racial mix at about 90% white and 10% black. The crowd was very friendly and very well behaved. I saw no sign nor heard anything said that would have been offensive to anyone. The meeting began with saying the Pledge of Allegiance to the flag, followed by singing the national anthem, and then a prayer. This set the tone of the meeting.

Curtis Wright, radio show host from Wilmington was the M.C. of the evening and did a great job. But the highlight of the evening was hearing from the candidate, Bill Randall. What a fine, conservative, sincere man! We also met his wife, and I must say the two of them set an example of love and family caring.

I left the meeting feeling much more positive about the possibility of conservatism leading this country.


No comments:

Post a Comment